"For internal applicants, the internal posting period for this position is 2/9/2021 through 2/16/2021."
To monitor and maintain the HVAC and refrigeration systems for the Giant Center. To work as needed in all aspects the Giant Center operation.
This position is responsible for operating and maintaining the Giant Center ammonia systems which include but not limited to compressors, condensers, pumps, brine chillers, and all equipment used to air condition / heat the Giant Center.
- Maintaining, repairing, and replacing compressors, pumps, gas hot water heaters, boilers and gas kitchen equipment; troubleshooting and repairing control circuits.
- Must have an operational understanding of sanitary drain systems, portable and non-portable water systems and sump pumps.
- Must have a working knowledge of food equipment and be able to install equipment from plumbing prints.
- Must also be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the Facility Management System.
- Good communication skills and teamwork approach to work is important.
- The completion of work assignments will demand an ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Employee will be working with suite holders and other guests and will need to present a well-groomed appearance. Daily job functions will require cooperation, initiative, and dependability to work with fellow employees.
- Assisting with any aspect of the Giant Center group operation as required.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a manual transmission.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of verifiable work experience with large tonnage centrifugal chillers.
- Three (3) years of verifiable work experience with anhydrous ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to successfully pass (70%) a trade’s aptitude test.
- Computer experience, including knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Numerical abilities to assist in job estimates.
- Universal refrigerant certified (qualifications).
- Working knowledge of centralized systems.
- Must be able to successfully complete level III tech training.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment breakdowns.
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 100 feet in very close surroundings.
- Must be able to carry a cell phone and work on call.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Working with chemicals.
- Must be able to supply hand and related tools.
- Hazardous chemicals located in and around workplace.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer