Ensuring that high levels of cleanliness are maintained at The Hotel Hershey and Woodside Cottages. Assist fellow team members complete daily work assignments. Provide exceptional customer service to our guests making them feel welcome while staying with us.
The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends & Holidays based on operational needs. This position participates in the post-offer employment testing program.
- Responsible for performing daily routine cleaning in guest areas at The Hotel Hershey
- Cleaning sundecks and porches
- Vacuuming and shampooing carpets and corridors
- Scrubbing and waxing floors
- Cleaning elevators and restrooms
- Collecting trash
- Delivering and removing cots, cribs or other special guest needs
- Cleaning air vents/ lights in out of reach areas
- Making minor repairs
- Moving furniture
- Unloading delivery trucks
- Performing all other duties as may be assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Professional guest service attitude, well-groomed, professional appearance, and self-confidence.
- Self -motivated and capable of working alone.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to understand and communicate instructions, both written and verbal.
- Ability to operate standard cleaning equipment; carpet shampoo machine, floor scrubber, vacuum cleaner, high pressure power washer, etc.
- Must have the visual ability to meet our very high cleaning standards.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Monday thru Sunday; working weekends and holidays are required.
- Proper footwear to be provided by employee.
- Considerable walking and pushing/ pulling of heavy carts involved.
- Ability to safely use chemicals in and around the work place meeting OSHA standards.
- Ability to operate a vehicle to transport trash to designated areas on property.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Constantly (67 – 100% of time)Stand, Walk, and Balance
- Frequently (34 – 66% of time)Lift (0-20 lbs), Carry (0-20lbs), Push (0-75 lbs), Pull (0-75 lbs), Reach forward and overhead, stoop, kneel, crouch, Handle Objects, Finger, Feel, Simple Hand Grasp, and Operate Controls
- Occasionally (1 – 33%)Lift (21 – 50 lbs), Carry (21 – 50 lbs), Climb Stairs, and Crawl
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer