This position is responsible for cleaning all guest rooms at The Hotel Hershey.
This is a seasonal position for the summer.The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends, & holidays based on operational needs.
- Maintaining all items in good repair
- Cleaning assigned rooms
- Replenishing linens and supplies
- Reporting any missing items or damage
- Marking and turning in all lost/found items
- Calling to have light bulbs replaced
- Stocking cleaning cart for the next day's work
- Maintaining orderly and clean linen rooms
- Reporting unsafe conditions or conditions
- Making up cots and cribs and calling to have removed when guests check out
- Maintaining a neat and orderly linen closet
- Returning room service items to proper location
- Performing other duties as may be assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Friendly guest service attitude, well-groomed and professional appearance, and self-confidence.
- Self-motivated and capable of working alone.
- Ability to clean 14 rooms within a specified period of time and to operate a vacuum cleaner.
- Ability to speak, read and understand English.
- Normal working hours will be primarily 1st shift, but may include any shifts depending on need: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays; weekends and holidays involved.
- Proper footwear to be provided by employee.
- Chemicals located in and around the workplace.
- Visual ability to determine degree of cleanliness and ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, handling, stooping, reaching, lifting and repetitive motions.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer