This position is responsible for the planning and execution of daily operations for Games and Retail locations within the Hersheypark Entertainment Complex, along with Retail support throughout Hershey Entertainment and Resorts. This person reports to the Managing Director of Retail and Game Operations.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Assist with development of and execute annual business plan for Games locations within Hersheypark and Retail locations throughout Hershey Entertainment and Resorts by directly overseeing the daily operations and managing a team consisting of both Full Time and Part Time employees.*
- Understand business goals and needs in order to manage operational output for games and retail. Coordinate the flow of resources and staff across the Entertainment Complex and Resorts in order to manage fluctuating business demands throughout the year/season.*
- Analyze department sales and processes in order to drive revenue and monitor expenses. Identify low-performing outlets and develop or propose alternative offerings.*
- Assist in developing the department budget by providing data on department operational needs. Execute and maintain the budget throughout the year. Approve purchase and work orders within the budget.*
- Provide leadership to team members, ensuring standards support and encourage the values and mission of Hershey Entertainment and Resorts. Actively participate in interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, and holding team members accountable.
- Visibility in and support of the Retail & Games outlets is necessary.
- Actively participate as a member of management team by serving as MOD, sitting on committees, assisting with employee events.
- Resolve escalated customer complaints.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years of related Retail & Games experience
- Industry Experience to include but not limited to – Amusement Park, Family Entertainment Complex
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience
- 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Bachelor’s degree
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word
- Business Administration, Hospitality Management, Retail Management BS preferred
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (10ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (40lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer