The Food & Beverage Finance Internship at Hershey Entertainment & Resorts will provide hands on experience in the Finance and Accounting professions at the Entertainment Complex including Hersheypark, Hersheypark Stadium, Giant Center, and Hershey Theatre. Interns are responsible for providing our employees with exceptional customer service, following proper uniform standards, maintaining cleanliness of your work environment, and gaining general overall knowledge of Finance. This position is available for the Summer 2021 season.
- Perform random cash drawer and loan box audits of Food & Beverage locations in Hersheypark, Giant Center, and Hersheypark Stadium; the interns will evaluate these results, ensure adequate security over assets and investigate any discrepancies
- Assist with cycle counts of inventory throughout the Food & Beverage department
- Execute several, random operational reviews throughout the summer season for assigned Food & Beverage outlets across the Entertainment Complex
- Document and evaluate the operating procedures, provide feedback to management and recommend future improvements; this internship will work closely with the Corporate Internal Auditor Interns to assist with cash drawer loan box audits
- Assist in the financial analysis of the Food and Beverage report by creating/updating various spreadsheets
- Assist in updating weekly labor tracking spreadsheets and analyze in relation to margin Verify operator reports and track any discrepancies or variances
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a college student entering sophomore, junior, or senior status in Fall 2021, in undergraduate education majoring in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related major (Graduating and graduated seniors will not be considered.)
- Graduate degree students will be considered.
- Strong math skills are required
- Must be innovative and be self-motivated to complete tasks
- Must be detail orientated with proven organizational skills
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with our guests Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have the ability to quickly learn computer based applications Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Must be able to work in an office environment and work on a computer for long periods of time Physical requirements include standing, bending, sitting, walking, and communicating Must be able to work a flexible schedule including: weekends, holidays, and evenings
- Working shifts are flexible between 8:00 AM-11:00pm. Both morning and evening shifts will be available. Weekends will also be required based on various concerts and other operational needs.
- Occasional late evenings and early mornings are required
- Must be able to work 20 hours a week from mid May through September 2021.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer