The Hershey Entertainment Safety & Security Department is a key asset to our sweet destination – ensuring that guests and employees are safe, secure, and free to enjoy our many entertainment offerings and events. Join our team and help us keep it sweet!
Additionally, our Safety & Security Department offers part-time, seasonal, and year-round job opportunities working within all areas of our Hershey Entertainment Complex. Locations include: Hersheypark®, ZooAmerica®, Hersheypark® Stadium, Hersheypark® Arena, Giant CenterSM and Hershey Theatre®.
As a Part-Time Security EMT, you will assess and provide treatment to guests and employees of the Hershey Entertainment Complex. All duties are performed under the standards and regulations set forth by the PA Department of Health and Pennsylvania Act 45.
- Prepare daily equipment, vehicles, and EMS buildings under the supervision of EMS Chiefs
- Provide exemplary service to guests and team members
- Respond appropriately and safely to all incidents within Hershey Entertainment Complex, establish scene control, ensure scene and patient safety, assess patient and determine care needed, initiate treatment appropriate to condition of guest and/or employee
- Transport patients safely and efficiently to First Aid facility or appropriate medical facility with due regard for safety of all involved
- Provide medical care to patients under the supervision of the on-duty Registered Nurse
- Cleaning and decontamination of vehicles and equipment and restocking units as necessary to ensure proper readiness
- Assist the supervisors and/or management with other duties as assigned
- Maintain a professional appearance that meets the Hershey Entertainment and Resorts appearance standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older on the date of applying
- Must possess certification in: Pa Emergency Medical Technician, Emergency Medical Services Vehicle Operator (EMSVO), Blood Borne Pathogens and CPR & AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Must possess certification in Hazmat Awareness, NIMS 100 and 700
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to obtain a valid PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Background Check, and Federal Criminal Background Check as a condition of continued employment
- Must be detail oriented and have clear written and verbal communication skills
- Must be innovative and be self-motivated to complete tasks
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Must have the ability to make sound decisions and work independently
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company, and department training requirements to include, but not limited to, passing required tests and certifications within established timelines and ensuring all certifications remain up to date and active
- Must be able to perform all duties by the Pennsylvania Department of Health under Act 37
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Work consists of being inside and outside in varying weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual will regularly (2/3 or more of time) walk for prolonged periods; talk; hear audible alarms, voice commands with background noise; use hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb stairs / ladders; balance; lift up to 100 pounds with control; close vision with or without corrective lens (clear vision at 20 inches or less and must not be color blind); distance vision with or without corrective lens (clear vision at 20 feet or more); peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus while in changing light conditions e.g., sunshine to indoor or dark conditions); maintain alertness and attentiveness while working varying hours; maintain concentration/focus (e.g., ability to interpret the work environment and make decisions on predetermined operating policies and procedure); ability to smell
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer