The position is responsible for the day to day sanitation of the main kitchen, pastry kitchen, Trevi 5 kitchen, Harvest Kitchen and poolside kitchen. This individual is responsible for the timely drop off and retrieval of all stewarding related products for catering events and must coordinate with Culinary to ensure that all food products are delivered in a timely manner. He is responsible for stewarding compliance with Department of Agriculture and Steritech Inspections. This individual is expected to have a hands on presence with the team.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Monitor work of stewards within kitchen and service areas in order to provide supervision, support, and training during shifts. Ensure areas are properly staffed to maintain proper service levels at all times.*
- Review, document, and arrange all department paperwork, including but not limited to: inventory, payroll, staff schedules, and cleaning procedures.*
- Maintain inventory of all china, glassware, and other supplies. Organize and document supplies. Recommend purchase of new supplies in order to maintain sufficient inventory levels at all times.*
- Respond promptly to requests from the Executive Chef, guests, employees and other departments. Delegate work to staff as needed.*
- Inspect dish rooms, service pantries, and storage areas to maintain food safety standards and a safe work environment. Enforce all health and safety standards.*
- Assist executive steward in weekly planning and scheduling of staff and resources in order to meet operational demands.*
- Assist Culinary Department with Banquet related functions to include off-property catering events.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Industry Experience – Food & Beverage
- Industry Experience – Hospitality/Tourism
- 18 years of age or older.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Completion of high school or GED
- Post-Employment – ServSafe
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (12ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Occasional (<33%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer