This internship assists with the development, facilitation and evaluation of the Entertainment Complex Food & Beverage training programs for part-time and seasonal employees, and supplemental staffing (volunteers/temporary employees). Training focuses include, but are not limited to: onboarding new employee orientation; hands on in-stand training; guest service/hospitality training; food safety and sanitation; alcohol service and compliance; child labor law compliance; cash handling and variance procedures and employee feedback. The intern selected must be highly energetic, passionate about food safety and guest experience as well as engaging to a primarily Millennial & Gen Z workforce.
- This position is located within the Food & Beverage Operations office at the Hershey Entertainment Complex in Hershey, PA.
- Internship is available for 20 to 40 hours per week.
- Housing is not being offered for this internship.
The selection process for this internship utilizes a video interview component to prescreen applicants.
If selected for a video interview, you will receive correspondence to the email address attached to your application.
Best. Perks. Ever.:
- Free Admission to Hersheypark
- Free Parking to all Hersheypark & Giant Center Events
- Sweet Discounts across town
- And more!
- Facilitating assigned developmental training sessions throughout Entertainment Complex is the primary job duty of this position.
- Assist with the assessment and development of materials and resources for orientation and training programs in the F&B department.
- Track employee feedback to provide regular updates to orientation and other training programs to meet the needs of the department and employees.
- Audit employees and supervisors during operational hours to ensure proper procedures including, but not limited to; food safety and sanitization, hospitality and guest interactions, child labor law compliance and alcohol service procedures, and make recommendations to Manager of Training and Quality Assurance for continuous training opportunities.
- Coordinate the tracking process of required training certifications for the department.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a current student in undergraduate education.
- Must be certified or be able to pass an alcohol service class (RAMP® Training – will be provided) and Food Safety training (ServSafe™ certifications– will be provided)
- Minimum of 2 years related Industry Experience (Food & Beverage, Hospitality Management, Travel/Tourism), preferred
- Majoring in Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts, Food & Beverage, Dietetics/Nutrition, Human Resources or Education, preferred
- Experience with electronic tablets, video/photography and editing, preferred
- Experience with development of training & onboarding programs for employee populations, preferred
- Effective at empowering and encouraging others through teaching, modeling and mentoring
- Effective and creative problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Effective organizational skills to keep track of multiple tasks, situations and people
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities and tasks
- Ability to work well within a self-directed atmosphere yet work effectively with team members as needed to achieve desired outcomes/goals
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and follow up on assignments with minimal direction and supervision
- Must have the ability to display excitement and passion about food safety, service excellence, stellar guest experiences and training
- Must be able to speak, clearly communicate, read and write in English
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Core Values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
Physical Demands & Working Condition
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work a minimum of five (5) days and at least 20-40 hours per week based on operational needs during May, June, July and August with the opportunity to extend into Fall based off of performance.
- The position is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions (weather including heat, cold, rain, snow and other inclement conditions)
- Physical requirements include standing for up to 8 hours at a time and walking in excess of 1 mile per day (including up and down stairs) and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Employee must provide proper footwear (black non-slip shoes)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer