Hershey Entertainment & Resorts has an exciting opportunity for a budding Project Manager to join their IT Team! This position is responsible for managing and coordinating IT projects, including planning, budgeting and implementation, to ensure a successful outcome. The person selected for this role should have strong leadership skills and must be familiar with the entire project scope and requirements and serve as liaison between vendors, technical staff, business team members and upper management. The IT Project Manager must be skilled and experienced in resolving conflicts and successfully negotiating compromises.
- Oversees all aspects of large software selection projects including monitoring and managing project scope, budgets, schedule and quality from project conception to implementation to closure.
- Manage risks, issues and changes to keep projects on track.
- Lead the requirements gathering for new assigned projects and develop/manage the Request for Proposals.
- Maintains ongoing communication with customer(s)/stakeholders during the course of the project to ensure that they are up to date on project progress.
- Work with business areas on key process changes resulting from projects and determine a change management plan.
- Monitors, communicates, and reports project process against project plan, requirements, budget, quality measures, and business results expected.
- Builds consensus among the project team, between departments, properties and levels in the organization.
- Builds and manages external vendor relationship for duration of the project.
- Mentors and assists in training junior team members.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree
- Six (6) years of relevant work experience can be substituted for education.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools
- Experience in managing off-the-shelf software implementations is preferred.
- Hospitality/Tourism industry experience is preferred.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills both oral and written
- Proven facilitation, team leadership, technical project management and problem solving skills are essential.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of all facets of Information Technology including web based applications, point of sale applications, property management systems, ticketing systems, communications and desktop applications
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with company guidelines
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Once all COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, this full-time position will be located at the HE&R offices in Hershey, PA.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Normal work schedule is Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend hours based on project needs.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer