The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for providing and analyzing financial and operational data for business decision use by management and for performing a variety of accounting activities for the Resorts divisions. This position also provides guidance and support to the Resorts operations to improve processes and controls as well as monitor adherence to policies and procedures. The Senior Financial Analyst will interact closely with operational teams and will also provide daily oversight, guidance and coaching for one full-time analyst.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Review, assess, develop, update, and implement standard operating procedures in order to improve Resort operational controls. Audit procedures and provide feedback to management. Proactively identify opportunities to improve process efficiencies and eliminate redundant or non-value added work.*
- Administer Point of Sale and Inventory systems to include menu, inventory and user maintenance, issue resolution, and reporting. Additionally, create and enhance fraud/theft detection analysis through the use of technology. Review data to identify areas of high risk, and implement preventative controls to mitigate loss.*
- Manage inventory through review of physical inventory counts, inventory analysis, inventory balance validation and period-end audits. Ensure consistency in documented standard operating procedures for counting inventory at Resort properties.*
- Perform a variety of month-end closing activities for assigned areas including, but not limited to, journal entries, accruals, and balance sheet reconciliations. *
- Analyze financial and operational data to support the development of budgets and preparation of financial pro formas for new operational initiatives and/or capital investments for the Resorts operations. *
- Monitor, forecast, and analyze financial performance for assigned areas in relation to budgets, pro formas and prior years. Create and distribute a variety of routine monitoring tools such as revenue trending, labor reports, and cost of sales analyses. Continually seek new and improved ways to analyze and present data to management with greater automation and clarity. Offer suggestions for operational and/or financial improvement based on this analysis. *
- Supervise, support, coach, and develop one full-time analyst. Establish clear expectations, provide necessary training, and promote accountability. Serve as the back-up in the team member’s absence. *
- Perform additional duties in support of Resorts and Finance teams to include ad-hoc financial analyses and models as requested to assist management with key business decisions.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Hospitality Management, Hotel Restaurant Management
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel functions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate at various levels throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Be able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Experienced in internal controls and best practices.
- Possess excellent analytical skills and general accounting knowledge.
- Master’s degree, preferred
- Industry Experience – Food & Beverage, Hospitality/Tourism. Retail, Audit, Finance Analytics
- Candidate will need to obtain the following Post-Employment – CHIA certification, CFE certification and RAMP certification
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (15lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- May include working on evenings/weekends as business level/job responsibility dictates.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer