This position serves as the key financial liaison for the Hershey Country Club and other Resorts divisions as assigned. This position supports Resorts operations by providing timely and accurate financial analysis and reporting to assist with business decisions. The position is also responsible for budgeting, forecasting and preparing periodic financial statements for the operations. Additionally, the position interacts with Country Club members and other Resorts guests to address/resolve queries pertaining to membership billings or other charges.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Compile, review and analyze financial and statistical data to provide information and support to Hershey Country Club and other Resorts operations as assigned. Partner with management in identifying opportunities for revenue growth, cost reduction, and improvement of performance metrics as well as cash management.*
- Prepare analyses to support capital investments as well as review divisional capital purchases and asset registers.*
- Record and report financial results, including accurate and timely preparation of monthly Profit & Loss statements, reconciliation of monthly balance sheet accounts, and explanation of related financial variances.*
- Prepare weekly forecast of revenue and expenses by department; monitor revenue and expenses in relation to budget and prior year; and communicate forecast changes to management. Compile and distribute various monitoring reports (i.e. labor reports) to the operating teams.*
- Lead and coordinate the annual budget process for assigned Resorts operations; prepare summary and statistical reports for formal budget presentations to senior management.*
- Seek opportunities to streamline processes and strengthen internal controls, to include the greater utilization of PMS/POS systems and other software tools. Facilitate the development, documentation, and implementation of enhanced processes. Review purchases, payroll and billings for compliance with applicable policies and procedures.*
- Administer incentive plans by computing periodic incentive earnings, initiating payment to plan participants, and communicating plan achievement to management and Compensation.*
- Perform additional duties in support of the Resorts operations and Finance teams.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of related experience.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, or Hospitality Management
- Relevant work experience can be substituted for education – 6 years
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word, and financial systems.
- Solid understanding of P&L statements and accounting procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate at various levels throughout the organization.
- Previous Industry Experience in Hospitality/Tourism
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Pre-Employment – Accounting/Finance certifications a plus
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (12ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (10lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Constant (>67%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Occasional (<33%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- May include working on evenings/holidays/weekends as business level/job responsibility dictates.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer