The part-time Training Coordinator, F&B will assist with the development, facilitation and evaluation of the Entertainment Complex F&B training programs, including onboarding, new hire orientation, in-person/on demand training, and leadership development, for all part-time and seasonal employees, and supplemental staffing.
Training focuses include, but are not limited to: food safety and sanitation; guest service and hospitality; alcohol service and compliance; child labor law compliance; cash handling policy adherence; and employee engagement.
- Assist with the assessment and development of materials and resources for orientation and training programs for the department.
- Facilitate assigned orientation and developmental training sessions.
- Track employee feedback to provide regular updates to orientation and other training programs to meet the needs of the department and employees.
- Audit employees and supervisors during operational hours to ensure proper procedures are being followed including, but not limited to: food safety, sanitation, hospitality, guest interactions, child labor law compliance, alcohol service procedures, and cash handling procedures, and make recommendations to the Training Manager for continuous opportunities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of onboarding and training procedures for volunteer and temporary employees to ensure supplemental staffing employees are aligned and follow the same standards and policies of all HE&R Food & Beverage employees.
- Oversee the distribution of the newly hired onboarding survey and exit survey, generate survey summaries for the Food & Beverage management team, and formulate recommendations/action plans to assist with employee development.
- Coordinate the tracking process and renewal of required training certifications for the department.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in Food & Beverage or Hospitality & Tourism.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in Training and Development or equivalent education (adult learner, childhood development or education degree/courses).
- Experience in the Human Resources field, preferred
- Must be RAMP® certified or able to pass an alcohol service class (RAMP® training and certification will be provided post-employment)
- Must be ServSafe™certified or able to pass ServSafe™ Manager and ServSafe™ Allergen (training and certifications will be provided post-employment)
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and familiar with G-suite
- Public speaking or group facilitation experience is a plus
- Positive attitude and enthusiastic about food safety and training
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, but also be a team player depending on the situation
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
Physical Demands & Working Condition
- Position requires 20 hours minimum to 40 hours maximum per week based on operational needs.
- Must be able to work a part-time year round flexible schedule including day and evening hours plus some weekends.
- The position is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer