Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is currently seeking a Director of Rides, Attractions, and Equipment Maintenance. This position is responsible for the strategic leadership of the Rides, Attractions and Equipment Maintenance function for the Hersheypark Entertainment Complex in order to ensure regulatory compliance and maximize guest safety and satisfaction.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Provide strategic leadership of the maintenance activities of all rides, attractions, equipment and fleet on the Entertainment Complex, including the planning of short, medium and long-term repair & maintenance activities. Prepare reports on project status, cost/benefit analysis, and proposals for soliciting service providers.*
- Lead the rides, attractions, and equipment maintenance team with effective supervision, delegation of work, coaching, and staffing. Identify department specific training needs and deploy training as needed to ensure team remains current on industry trends and best practices.*
- Establish department processes and procedures in order to ensure regular, comprehensive, and effective audits and inspections of all rides, attractions, and equipment. Ensure compliance with OSHA, ASTM, building codes, NFPA, etc. Review all inspection, audit, and compliance reports and ensure proper documentation.*
- Partner with Maintenance Administration in the use of our computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to manage the inspection and maintenance program of our rides, attractions, equipment and fleet. Provide compliance and regulatory information to be logged in the CMMS.*
- Establish and maintain department practices to uphold a high standard of safety. Proactively monitor all maintenance processes and procedures and continuously assess them in order to maximize safety and minimize ride downtime. Implement changes as needed and ensure they are communicated to all staff.*
- Direct all department interactions with ride and equipment manufacturers, government entities and internal departments concerning all things rides, attractions and equipment. Serve as subject matter expert and primary point of contact for external entities in order to stay current on equipment standards and provide feedback on best practices.
- Align, coordinate and maintain positive relationships with other Entertainment Complex departments and corporate entities. Serve as the primary department point of contact with Attractions department leadership. Provide expertise and make recommendations to leadership on development of new attractions and maintenance and upgrades of current attractions.*
- Orchestrate snow removal operations, primarily parking lots and roads with the use of equipment and coordinate with other snow removal entities. Effectively prioritize snow removal to meet all operational needs.
- Direct the maintenance activity required to respond to real-time maintenance requests, including rapid response during operational hours. Ensure the proper deployment of staff to meet the operational needs of the Entertainment Complex and ensure guest safety at all times.
- Serve as a Department and Park Manager on Duty (MOD) and perform other duties as assigned.*
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree (Business Administration, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field) and/or Fourteen (14) years of related experience can be substituted for a degree.
- Industry Experience to include Construction/Maintenance, Manufacturing, and/or Amusement Park.
- Minimum of 8 years of supervisory experience.
- Post-Employment – Ability to become a PA Certified Ride Inspector.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Experienced in project planning & management, innovation, continuuos process improvement and cost management.
- Experienced in critical thinking, data analysis, risk management, quality control and personal organization.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (300ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation. The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one
- hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside. The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity