The barista role is a guest interactive position for individuals who have a passion, understanding, and willingness to learn the legacy of Milton Hershey. Responsibilities include preparing food and beverage orders to our guests. The Cocoa Beanery on the (HCAR) Hershey Center for Applied Research campus is a spot for our guests to relax and enjoy a variety of beverages, sandwiches, baked goods, and creative desserts, all with an accent on chocolate.
This is a part-time year round position. The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends, & holidays based on operational needs.
- Greeting all guests
- Providing general information on the history and legacy of Milton Hershey
- Serving a variety of chocolate flavors to our guests
- Learning food and beverage menus in order to explain items to guests
- Preparing food according to company standard recipes(Creating and following food preparation lists)
- Answering guest questions and offering suggestions on food products
- Handling the telephone in a professional manner
- Cashiering responsibilities including the handling of all money transactions, as well as credit cards and knowledge of the P.O.S system to properly ring in customers' orders and perform closing procedures
- Operating, maintaining, and cleaning all equipment, such as espresso and Panini machines, oven, blender, coffee maker, etc.
- Washing dishes/silverware/pots and pans whenever needed
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work area, such as Emptying trash and cleanliness of restroom and dining areas to adhere to ServSafe and PA Department of Health guidelines and standards
- Handling guest complaints
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Basic knowledge of food service/coffee beverages
- Minimum 6 months of customer service experience
- Previous cashier experience helpful
- Experience with POS system helpful
- Basic knowledge on the legacy of Milton Hershey
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate clearly in English
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Schedule includes mornings/mid-shifts/evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Shifts will vary between locations but may include starting shift as early as 6am to a closing shift of 7pm.
- The occasional catered banquet event after normal operating hours may require an evening shift up to 10pm.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Physical requirements include standing and walking for 8 hour shift; bending; pushing/lifting up to 50 lbs; squatting; speaking, listening and memorizing.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer