The Digital Developer is responsible for the research, design, creation, testing and implementation of new and existing digital applications. This includes the back end development of new and existing websites, social media tools and promotions, and email applications as well as the integration of existing applications through the use of APIs and Web services. The Developer also supports the Manager of Web Development in the creation of database systems for our digital assets and handles the day-to-day administration of our customer-facing systems. This developer focuses on the server-side programming, yet also understands the programming languages which control the display of content in the browser.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Build functional digital applications that meet business needs for the organization. Translate designs, prototypes, and requirements into fully-functional applications for the Web, email, social media, and other digital channels. Work closely with the Design Team and Online Brand Managers to create assets that deliver on the high branding, functional, SEO, and usability standards established by the department.*
- Integrate and maintain highly-available digital systems. Understand all HE&R Digital Systems and ensure they are available and meet the needs of our company and the expectations of our guests. Use APIs and other tools to connect digital systems. Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to digital asset development including debugging, new development and testing.*
- Maintain Web Analytics and reporting systems. Translate marketing and project goals through the implementation of Google Analytics integration, ensuring that we can measure the performance of our digital assets and the success of our campaigns. This includes ensuring accurate tracking of user behavior and working closely with the Online Brand Managers and Director of Digital Marketing to deliver information to help the team make better decisions.*
- Work with the Manager of Email Marketing and Manager of Web Development on email development, data integration and interfacing to third party email providers.
- Provide second level support for all internally developed web applications in the company. Work with the Manager of Web Development to ensure Web applications outside the primary domain (e.g. those developed by the IT Team) of this position are available.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Programming, Web Development
- Seven (7) years Relevant work experience can be substituted for education
- Expert-level knowledge of PHP
- Expert-level knowledge of designing and/or querying relational databases (MySQL)
- Expert-level knowledge of web application security and be able to create stable and secure applications
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS (with a working understanding of HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design, modern web standards and accessibility techniques)
- Strong knowledge of working with APIs and Web Services
- Excellent debugging, logic processing skills and attention to detail
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (200ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Occasional (<33%)
- This job requires minimal visual requirements. Able to distinguish unlike items, detect motion, and distinguish color.
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer