"For Internal applicants, the Internal posting period for this position is 4/5/2022 through 4/12/2022."
This position is responsible for providing food and beverages to guests during different types of services, including banquets, receptions, buffets, and butler/a'la cart events.
This position participates in the post-offer employment testing program.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Set up and tear down of events*
- Serve food and beverage to guests in a professional and guest-friendly manner.*
- Carry trays from service areas to banquet rooms.*
- Inspect tables and chairs
- Clean up and tear down after event ends; clear tables*
- Maintain and stock supplies, i.e. sugar bowls, salt and pepper shakers, and condiments*
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Follow safety guidelines and perform job accordingly
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to speak fluent English and read instructions
- Must be able to pass the TIPS alcohol service certification and Responsible Alcohol Management Program (RAMP) Certification
- Must be able to work flexible and varied hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- One year banquet food and beverage experience preferred
- Must present a professional image and good personal hygiene
- Must present a guest-friendly attitude, have the desire to serve the public, and have the ability to work cooperatively with others
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment and meet deadlines
Physical Demands & Working Condition
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to: *
- Constant (67% – 100% of time)
- Lift (0-10 lbs), Carry (0-10 lbs), Stand, Walk, Reach Forward, Balance, Object Handling, Feel, and Hand Grasp (Simple).
- Frequent ( 34% – 66% of time)
- Lift (11-35 lbs), Carry (11-35 lbs), Finger, and Hand Grasp (Firm).
- Occasional (1% – 33% of time)
- Lift (36-50 lbs), Carry (36-50 lbs), Push (0-75 lbs), Pull (0-75 lbs),Sit, Climb Stairs and Ladders, Reach Overhead, Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Pinch, and Operating Controls.
- Must be able to tolerate temperature fluctuations required to serve outdoor guests
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet schedule requirements, which will most likely require evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer