This position is for an apprentice massage therapist in the Spa at The Hotel Hershey.
The employment of this position is based on a 1 to 6 month period. At that time – It will be determined when/if the Apprentice will be moved into the PT Massage Therapist position based on performance and skills demonstrated during the apprenticeship.
This position participates in the post-offer employment testing program.
- Assisting Massage Therapists in daily tasks and activities
- Assisting Spa Manager in the start of day or end of day tasks
- Keeping work areas stocked with sufficient supplies and products for a full day of operation
- Learning techniques and protocols for spa body treatments and massage as trained by the Spa Manager
- Providing body and massage services to spa staff in order to perfect techniques and skills during the apprentice period
- Cleaning equipment and common areas used after performing services
- Maintaining neatness of service waiting areas
- Folding towels and linens for use in the service areas
- Attending all training sessions to learn new techniques to be used in the performance of their job
- Performing any tasks assigned by Spa Manager/Supervisor
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must apply for PA State License.
- Must have professional image and the ability to communicate well with others
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Constantly (67 – 100% of time) Stand, Reach Forward, Grasping with Fingers
- Frequently (34 – 66% of time) Lift (0-20 lbs), Walk, Climb stairs, Stoop, and Handle Objects. Occasionally (1 – 33%) Lift (11 – 50 lbs), Carry (0 – 50 lbs), Push (0-50 lbs.), Pull (0-50 lbs.), Sit, Reach Overhead, Balance, Crouch, Operate Controls
- Shifts vary according to business needs, and are typically 6-8 hour shifts 9 AM- 5PM Weekends. Holidays and additional weekdays required based on business needs.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely include evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer