As a Cash Control intern you will be expected to bring a passion for learning, maintain a professional demeanor, provide team members and internal guests with an exceptional level of customer service while successfully fulfilling all regular job duties and assigned projects, as well as, being committed to the full term of the internship.
Cash Control Interns will gain valuable experience within finance operations of the hospitality industry to include, but not limited to, inventory management, operation procedures, auditing, deposits and due backs. Additionally, you will gain skills in the areas of guest service, time management, cash management, collaborative work, while also building friendships.
Interns will be expected to participate in departmental meetings, attend weekly seminars, and complete a project at the end of this internship.
- This position is located at the Hershey Entertainment Complex in Hershey, PA.
- Internship is available for up to 40 hours per week – some overtime may be offered.
- Approximate dates of this internship are mid May 2021 through August 2021, with the possibility to extend the internship into the Fall and Winter.
- Interns will have the opportunity to customize their experience with exposure to other various departments and operations, including but not limited to, Internal Audit, Treasury, and Revenue
- Housing is not being offered for this internship.
- Upon completion of the application, your resume will be reviewed and qualified candidates will receive correspondence to the email address attached to your application.
- Cross departmental learning opportunities
- Building professional networks
- Free admission to Hersheypark
- Free parking to all Hersheypark and Giant Center events
- Sweet discounts across town
- And more…
In addition to the job functions listed below, other job duties may be assigned based upon operational needs.
- Following processes and procedures within Cash Control areas to ensure the safety of all Company funds.
- Operating Jet Scans (currency counters) and Jet Sorts (coin sorters) to process daily receipts from Hersheypark, Hersheypark Arena, Giant Center, Hersheypark Stadium, M.S. Foundation, Golf properties, Restaurant Group, and Resorts properties.
- Handling clerical duties such as filing, answering phones, and dispatching radio calls.
- Physically picking-up cashier bags and responding to and delivering any change calls within Hersheypark and Hersheypark Stadium in all weather conditions.
- Driving golf carts within and around Hersheypark
- Preparing written audit reports for review, while providing meaningful and useful recommendations on audit findings and observations.
- Working collaboratively with both internal and external guests.
- Interacting in a professional manner with other employees, management, and guests.
- Completing data entry on several different operating systems (AS400, ISA, Microsoft Office).
- Assessing operational efficiency through hands-on experience within Cash Control and departments they support.
- Managing inventory levels of tickets, tokens, cash and office supplies, and monetary funds.
- Consistently practicing safe working habits including, but not limited to, use of personal protective equipment, lifting, and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Reviewing and updating departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program majoring/minoring in Finance, Accounting, or a related field of study
- Have reliable, steady form of transportation to and from work.
- Commitment to accuracy in daily work and projects.
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information.
- Must be comfortable handling large sums of money
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Must have strong basic math skills and the ability to reconcile balances.
- Self-motivated to complete tasks and be able to multitask while prioritizing job assignments.
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with others.
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines. (Please note some departments may be more stringent on the appearance guidelines due to business need.)
- Must be able to work both independently as well as work with a partner or team.
- Have clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented with accurate and efficient data entry skills.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel/Word) and/or Google Applications (Sheets, Docs, Forms, Drive) and have the ability to quickly learn computer based applications.
- Supervisory experience preferred
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Must be able to work a minimum of 4 days per week and at least 32 hours per week, including shifts in excess of 8 hours, mid May through August, minimum availability may vary seasonally and with operational demands.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays with shifts starting as early at 7am and ending as late as 3am
- Employees are subject to a variety of weather conditions, including but not limited to: extreme heat, sun exposure, cold, and inclement weather. Work conditions occur inside and outside.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone, radio, or in person.
- This position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause workers to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- Physical requirements include:
- The ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- A good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected).
- Visual ability to operate moving requirements such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- Visual ability to view work at a distance of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery)
- Visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers)
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer